Nominate nonprofits in our community you are passionate about, today!
Only members in good standing can nominate a nonprofit. Each member can nominate one non-profit per quarter. Every quarter we will randomly draw 3 nonprofits to present at our giving circle meeting.
Before you nominate please check our currently nominated nonprofits to make sure your favorite organization has not already been nominated. If you know a great organization that could use our support please submit an Nomination Form.
Each organization will send a representative to speak for 5 minutes at the meeting about why they deserve our vote. We will vote and choose the recipient of our contributions for that meeting.
To be considered a potential recipient of 100 Women Who Care Knoxville donations, an organization must meet all of the following criteria:
- Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Located in East Tennessee
- In operation for at least three years as of the date of nomination
Here are a few additional requirements:
- Nominations from national nonprofit organizations will not be accepted. However, local branches of these organizations are eligible for consideration.
- The organization must be willing to send a representative to our meetings to share how our donations will support their mission.
- An organization not selected at one meeting will remain eligible for participation in subsequent meetings.
- Voting takes place by secret ballot and a simple majority wins.
- Ties will be decided by one additional vote. If a tie persists, the membership will randomly draw to select one of the tied organizations
- An organization that receives donations from one of our meetings will not be eligible for participation in subsequent meetings for 3 years.
- The organization must agree not to create, sell, or distribute a list with any of our members’ contact information. The nonprofit will not solicit our members directly for further contributions, unless information is requested by the member.
- The organization will provide individual thank you/tax receipts directly to members.
Potential recipients must have a Nomination Form on file. Nomination Forms may only be submitted by members of 100 Women Who Care | Knoxville.